Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hey, I'm going to Disneyland

I'm not actually going to Disneyland, but I used to love the commercials where the football player who made more touchdowns in a Superbowl or a baseball player who made more hits in a World Series was asked by a reporter "where are you going after this" and he would say excitedly "to Disneyland."

Well if you ask most writers where they want to go after they've sold there first novel they will probably say Oprah. After all who wouldn't want their book to be read by millions of readers.

Well recently I was told a story about a young girl who wrote a book and optioned it to a well-known production house for a million dollars. However she didn't scream "I'm going to be on Oprah!" She said she wanted to be on the Daily Show.

After all, being on Oprah would be wonderful for any writer. I mean she's great and I adore her and I think she is fabu. But for me, if I had to choose a talk show to be on, I would choose Ellen.

Ellen is so enjoyable to watch and she makes me laugh each and every time. And believe me with the struggles of writing, including the hours of isolation, the many rejections, not to mention the 9-to-5 pressures, what I will need to do the most when I sell my novel is to be up on stage dancing and chatting away with Ellen.

So Ellen, try to stay on the air as long as you can, because I'mma commin'!

2 comments:

KELLY LYNN JOHNSTON said...

Not only is she the best, but she's also the most likely host to have a dance-off.

Dannette said...

Love Ellen..

Check out Prometheus Cosmetics coming December 2007. All natural skin care for the busy woman.