Saturday, August 14, 2010

Buried Alive

December, 2007... The last time I’ve written anything on my blog. I've gone through a few journeys during these almost 3 years; some that have increased my faith and made me stronger, while others have completely tore me down to a mere shell. Both have made me aware of who I am as a person--stronger and more passionate than ever before about life and the goals I have dreamt of achieving. During these voyages, I've completely buried my writing. Like treasures that float down with a sinking ship, my God-given talents have recessed. By resurrecting this blog, I hope to once again be where I used to be. Writing daily and enjoying that excitement of seeing those black words prance on that white background.

This blog was and still is intended to help writers communicate about their writing struggles. Life can stop you dead in your tracks, knock you on your ass, and keep you from that goal of writing daily.
The ability to write; my passion and love for writing during those times was still alive; struggling to be liberated; to break to the surface.
Am I completely free yet from these struggles? No, but I'm fighting to get back to where I was; a born storyteller, dying to share with the world the stories that are constantly floating in my head and are looking to make their debuts on a bookstore shelf or an HBO special.

Therefore, my promise is to take it one day at a time, to not beat myself up during this struggle and to share those struggles.

Here’s to doing this together…

No comments: